
I say that a learner is like a spider because all learners are constantly spinning a new 'web' of information. Basically we are always learning. The bugs that would be getting stuck in the web is all of the new information that we are 'eating up'. The one line in the article by George Siemens that really made me come to the conclusion that learners are like spiders would be: "Within social networks, hubs are well-connected people who are able to foster and maintain knowledge flow". Today, we think of social networks like Facebook and Myspace. Social networks can also consist of such things as our virtual connections that we have from the class. We are always learning new things, not only from the content but from each other. That is just one aspect of the 'big web' that a spide can weave.
Before I knew the title of the video that I watched, which was "The Network is the Learning", I wrote down that as the quote to use within my blog here. The network is the learning! The network is the spideweb that we get the information from. We receive this information for many sources, such as 'other spider webs'. There are many good points that is made within this video. The one that stuck out to me the most was the one that we can stay connected to people around the world. This is completely true, especially since my best friend just recently moved to Germany. I talk to her every day like she is not only still in the states but right down the road.

Before I knew the title of the video that I watched, which was "The Network is the Learning", I wrote down that as the quote to use within my blog here. The network is the learning! The network is the spideweb that we get the information from. We receive this information for many sources, such as 'other spider webs'. There are many good points that is made within this video. The one that stuck out to me the most was the one that we can stay connected to people around the world. This is completely true, especially since my best friend just recently moved to Germany. I talk to her every day like she is not only still in the states but right down the road.

Besides the great image of "all of the new information that we are 'eating up'", I really liked your choice of images.
ReplyDeleteDr. Burgos