I visited the Classroom 2.0 Ning. There I found A LOT of useful information even without exploring that much, which I plan on doing.
The first thing that caught my eye was in the introduction or the "welcome" that was published. It was very encouraging to read that for many reasons. The reason that really caught my attention and made me stay to check it out a little more was the following quote:
"We especially hope that those who are "beginners" will find this a supportive community and a comfortable place to start being part of the digital dialog."
I feel like this is not only geared towards the teachers who are starting out on this Ning and technology in general but also teachers who are within their first few years of teaching. The beginners also have their own group within the Classroom 2.0 Ning.
Another thing that made me look around a little bit more would be the fact that it was very well organized. I am not sure if I am OCD or it just comes with being a teacher but I like everything to be fairly organized. There were a few of the Nings that I looked at that were not very organized at all. Also there was a lof of spam on the other Nings that I also looked at. Classroom 2.0 seems to have this under control with them having to accept people into the Ning. This must be a setting that they have to enforce and does not seem like common practice since I saw so much spam on other pages.
Classroom 2.0 will be helpful to my teaching because there always seems to be people posting something. It can be anything! Questions, comments, articles, ideas. I feel that this is very helpful because for the most part, it seems that the questions do get answered, especially in the beginner section. I am someone hwo likes to learn new things and I feel that I can learn many new things within this Ning, especially in terms of technology, which I plan on always having in my classroom.
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad that you found a good Ning. What a shame that spam is disrupting many others.
ReplyDeleteDr. Burgos