Friday, February 19, 2010

Teacher Voices

Teacher Voices is just one of the blogs that I found to be interesting. The first time I clicked on this blog, the first post caught my attention. It was a review of a book regarding metaphors and analogies. I believe that both metaphors and analogies are important to teaching, especially if a student has a hard time understanding what you are trying to teach.


http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41iAjT6eEKL.jpg



Within the review, it is mentioned that the the person reviewing the book has never thought of so many metaphors and analogies for students. Things such as dancing, songs, art, and visuals to help students have that "aha" moment.


"Finally, in understanding all this, students and teachers sharpen their analytical skills. They embrace abstract kinds of thinking and students are able to take their concrete knowledge to the next level –which is where every teacher wants to journey with our kids."



It is this sentence that pretty much summed up the whole article for me. I could not of said it better myself, which is why I posted it in my blog. I am interested to read this book myself, mainly because it is something that I am interested in. I also enjoy how it says students and teachers. It just isn't the students that are learning, it is also the teachers.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fascinating book to help teachers and learners grasp and remember concepts!

    Dr. Burgos

    ReplyDelete